Monday, March 21, 2011

Chapter 12

                Multigenre research papers seem like a wonderful way to get kids engaged in learning. I love that the assignment gives enough freedom for children to learn about their own interests and be able to present the information in way that is meaningful for them. This way kids are motivated to do a research project because they are learning about something that is interesting to them. When I become a teacher I will definitely have assignments like this for my students. As a child I remember that the projects that I enjoyed the most were always the projects where I was given freedom to express my ideas and interests in my own ways. I have always been interested in art so when I was given an option to make a diorama or some type of visual aid with my project I always made a better grade. I was not mad that I had a book report because I was able to report it in a way that was enjoyable for me. In return I learned way more, and to this day those projects stand out the most.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that this multigenre project is going to give you some ideas for helping kids create those really meaningful learning experiences. I have a feeling that it is these kinds of things, which demand a bit more of us as learners and as people, that really help us to grow.

    ReplyDelete